Energy and Cost Saving Services
- Electric Procurement
- Natural Gas Procurement
- Utility Bill Auditing & Management
- Utility Bill Reporting
- EnergySTAR Portfolio Manager Benchmarking
The deregulated energy environment (see map of deregulated states) presents opportunities to save money on your electric supply costs. Shop commercial electricity rates with dozens of electric suppliers and get the lowest rates. Your local utility will continue to deliver your electricity and maintain the poles and wires but the electricity that runs through those wires is now open to competition, saving you money.
Switching Suppliers is Free & Easy
There is no cost to switch electric or gas suppliers and most suppliers can include their charges on your current electric bill from your utility.
- Establish Goals. We'll work with you to determine your budgetary and environmental goals.
- Get Rates. We'll evaluate your usage and submit a Request for Quote. Through our dozens of Electric Suppliers we'll get you the lowest rates. We'll explain exactly what components are included in each rate quote (Energy, Installed Capacity, Transmission & Distribution Line Losses, Renewable Portfolio Requirements, Gross Receipts Tax, etc).
- Enroll. Once you choose the rate and terms to meet your goals, we'll send you an agreement from your new supplier. Your new rate and supply will begin on the "meter read date" in the month you've chosen to start service. There will be no disruption of service and your local utility company will continue to deliver you electric and maintain the poles and wires.
How Deregulated Energy Works
Utility Companies no longer benefit from being a monopoly that provides electric supply to customers where energy is deregulated, (see map). In deregulated states, the functions of the old utility are generally divided into three separate entities:
- Energy Retailer
In deregulated states, customers may shop commercial electricity rates and choose their own energy retailer. The retailer buys energy at competitive prices and passes the savings on to energy customers. Whichever retailer a customer chooses, energy is still delivered by the same local electric utility company who will always maintained the poles, electrical lines and equipment.
Find out today if you can get a better rate than what you're currently paying your Utility Company. We don't charge any fees or retainers for your business and you are under no obligation to implement any of our recommendations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What portion of the bill can be shopped?
The G&T (Generation and Transmission). The utility will continue to bill the Distribution portion.
Will you get a separate bill from the new supplier?
You’ll always continue to get a bill from the utility for the Distribution portion of the bill. Most suppliers have the option of getting a separate bill from them or having their charges billed on the utility’s bill.
How much does it cost to get pricing and/or switch suppliers?
Nothing. There is no cost to switch suppliers.
For an example of how much money can be saved on your next electric bill:
Let’s say you use 50,000 kWh a month and your current electric provider is charging you 10.5 cents/kWh. The supply portion of your bill, not including taxes would be $5,250. If we find you a supplier charging 8.5 cents/kWh, your bill would then be $4,250, a savings of $1,000 a month or $12,000 a year.
Utility Bill Auditing, Management & Reporting
Full Service Management of all of your utility bills. Commodities include: Cable, Coal, Electric, Gas, Ice, Internet, Oil, Propane, Recycle, Refuse, Sewer, Solar PV, Steam, Storm Drainage, Telecom, Water & Wind.
We'll track your utility consumption, measure it against other properties or time periods, measure your greenhouse gas emissions, track and file performance metrics to ensure your compliance with government energy standards through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. We'll customize our services to handle as little or as much of your utility bill management as you nee
Standard Utility Bill Management Subscription Features
- Utility Bill Tracking
- Benchmarking Charts
- Bill Audits
- ENERGY STAR Benchmarking
- Portfolio Manager Reporting
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Project Tracking
- Reports, Charts and Graphs (see list of available reports)
- Weather Data
- Calendarizaton and Normalization
for a full list of State and Federal EnergySTAR Portfolio Manager Benchmarking Mandates
Solar & Renewable Energy
Solar energy is more efficient and affordable than ever. Our Engineers & Project Team will:
- Determine the right size and type of system for your facility and goals
- Assist with financing and/or grants and incentives
- Obtain necessary local permits so you don't have to deal with the paperwork
- Work with your local Electric Utility Company to arrange Net Metering where possible so you can sell back to the utility the electricity you generate and don't use.
- Install and maintain system for life of equipment so you don't have to worry about it.